Sunday, November 23, 2008

Wedding Week Stress

John and I will be married in 6 days. I remember when I started counting down and we were in triple digits - now we are in single digits that qualify as less than one week! When people ask when we are getting married, I will now say --- this week --- rather than next week, next month, etc. In addition to the regular wedding week stress, I get a dose of that coupled with holiday stress :-)

When discussions of Thanksgiving began, I was very adamant that Thanksgiving was not at our house. Who wants Thanksgiving 48 hours before a wedding? Not I. Somehow, Friday night, I declared myself a 'sucker' as we are now having Thanksgiving here. Ugh!

Yesterday I kind of decided I should just make the best of it and get happy about it because denying that it was going to happen or being pissy wasn't going to get me very far! So, we'll see how it goes. Hopefully everyone is very forgiving since it is so close to the wedding...

Other news... I'm ecstatic that Wally Lamb's new book is out! The title is The Hour I First Believed. I cannot wait to start reading it - and think I will be dragging it onto the plane as well as some holiday knitting! I'm hoping to finish Bono Kimono for my mom's gift and maybe push out a hat or two for my dad and step-mom! I'm not sure what everyone else will end up with, but almost sure that it will be handmade. Lucky family :-)

1 comment:

  1. How EXCITING!! This week! Wow. If (for some reason) you are too busy to blog this week, I just wanted to say that I hope everything goes perfectly, and CONGRATULATIONS!! Have a great time on the honeymoon too :)

    ReplyDelete