Monday, April 13, 2009

Thought for the Day

I have not blogged in 9 days *gasp*! The truth is, I have thought about it often, but have not sat down to do it... Life, it always gets the best of us. The last glorious occasion that I had something humorous to say - oddly enough everyone does not share my darling sense of humor - was last Thursday.

Friday was a holiday for our plant so Thursday (hold your breath... wait for it... wait for it...) my boss let us go home EARLY! Yes, folks, I was headed to the Saltsman home at about 3:30 PM. Since I had the luxury of coming home early, and John was working late, I had the responsibility of preparing dinner.

When I spoke to John and he told me to "figure it out" my first thought was TAKE OUT! I've not had to prepare a meal in quite some time and when I do it is usually strategically planned and I have all of the ingredients and tools in place. I am not a fly by the seat of my pants kind of cook girl - it takes thought for me. Back to John telling me to figure it out... It sent me into a frenzy! I scoured one of our 100 cookbooks and ended on the 4 ingredient recipe book. Certainly we had four ingredients of some kind in this house to come together to resemble a meal.

We ended up with chicken breasts marinated in soy sauce and orange slices, couscous (5 minute preparation), and corn (the steamfresh variety). It was ok - not Bobby Flay worthy, but John worthy. He ate it, complimented me as any good husband should, and we went on with our evening.

The majority of my free time as of late has been spent sewing my little fingers off! I start advertising for RoseKnits in May and want to make sure the I am stocked full of great stuff! I am also going to attend an event next Wednesday at the local University and hope to make some sales. The yarn store order - it is due on May 1. I, of course, like any overachiever would, would like to deliver early... So the rest of the week and weekend will be spent finishing up that order.

It is fun, it is good, and I am happy. That is the important thing, right? Oh, John is happy, too <--- mainly because I am happy.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment