Sunday, January 31, 2010

Please pardon the delay

If you watch the news we are now considered to be 'recovering' from the horrible winter storms of 2010. Sure. Whatever. We had a bit of ice and snow last Thursday and Friday, but all-in-all, not bad. I did update the shop pretty well on Thursday - Friday I developed cabin fever and cast on a new project (the current projects just weren't gettin' it for me) and Saturday I spent the day pedaling yarn at Loops. Others must have been feeling cabin fever as well, because we had significant amount of traffic, under the circumstances.

A dear friend of mine gave birth to a darling baby boy on Saturday - and another dear friend of mine learned that her cancer is terminal - and is expected to be sent home from the hospital with hospice in tow. If you know me, you know I have an intimate relationship with cancer, and like many others, I hate it. I've not had cancer, but my mom did (pretty severely) my senior year in high school, my step-father died with cancer a few years ago, and my uncle currently has cancer. Cancer certainly sucks. Today is a great day to be nice to those you love, to sneak in a few extra hugs and kisses and i love you's, and just be thankful that you have the moment together.

Today John and I are headed over to help the new parents, who also have an 18-month-old. Talk about having your hands full! Life is ironic to say the least... And I'm now praying more than ever to be at peace with His plan rather than my own. It's times like these where one can easily lose faith if one does not turn it ALL over.

Stay tuned for sporatic shop updates throughout the week... I leave you with the buttons and dumpling bag, that for some odd reason, are reason enough to smirk right now!




2 comments:

  1. Great bag!! I did hear about the ice storm (our plant was closed Friday) so glad to hear you are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bags, I want one!! I was so busy at Loops that I missed purchasing one. If you have a purply one will you let me know and I'll give my card number to Loops. I hope to be back at Loops in September! Trish

    ReplyDelete