Thursday, March 5, 2009

Week In Review

Happy Thursday everyone! I would have to say that life manages to stay pretty exciting in our little piece of the world. This week has been fairly busy and short (thank goodness) due to taking off of work this past Monday for my birthday! John cooked a fantastic dinner – no wonder why I married him – we dined on filet, grilled shrimp, grilled Portobello mushrooms, salad with homemade blue cheese dressing and a carrot cake made from scratch! What a hubby, right?

In addition to the fab dinner, he also made me the proud new owner of an Offhand Designs Zelda Weekender bag! My knitting, Kindle, wallet, and everything else I drag along fits quite nicely.

Current knitting projects: Provence Marl Empire Waist Cardigan and also the Hemlock Blanket. The Cardi I am doing on my own and the Hemlock I’ve joined with some fabulous ladies for a KAL. Cardi is my travel project, Hemlock my home project.

I received my first public kudos on RoseKnits from Amby at Julip Bags. That was probably one of the higher points in my week (thanks, Amby!!)

For those of you who know me well or read fairly often, you know that I have an odd sense of humor when it comes to work – or anything else – and that I remain in constant turmoil over my job situation. I often think about why we work, do I want to work where I feel I am underutilized in exchange for a better salary, or do I look for some place that offers a challenge and maybe less of a salary. It is all a balancing act that I am trying to feel my way through. Mr. Economy is allowing me extra time to think about this since this is not exactly the perfect time to go job hunting, but it is on my mind. I am hoping by the end of the summer to make some decisions which will undoubtedly affect my future career, etc. Exciting and scary all in the same.

Hope you are all having a fun week! We’re headed to the golf course after work today… Then I’ll spend my weekend sewing for the shop! Yay!

1 comment:

  1. I think it's normal to have those kinds of career questions - I'm sure whatever decision you make will be well thought through. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete