Sunday, September 7, 2008

Baby Showers, I'm tired...



So today John and I helped with a baby shower. When I say 'helped' I mean prepared a lot of food and acted as paid help through the duration of the shower :-) It was a lot of fun, though... John graciously volunteered (part selfish because he loves to cook!) to make Spanakopita (spinach pies)... So he spent the morning rolling up close to 200 spinach pies... I asked him if he would do the same for our wedding reception at which he responded with a "No." What's up with that?!

Yesterday I spent the bulk of my day knitting... For myself :-) So last night at about 11:00 p.m. I figured I might actually want to finish the gift for the shower... Today --- and popped out one last baby bootie. I attached the pom-poms, left off the bows because we're unsure of what the expecting couple is having and even managed to pump out a nice bib :-) I'm officially exhausted --- will spend the rest of the evening try to mentally prepare for boot camp which starts at 5:45 a.m. - Monday!

I have cast on a rather lovely Scabbard sweater (that's the thing I can't put down!) and am happy to say it's actually coming along quite nicely! I'm about 25% finished, I think, but before I can merge the body cables will need a lesson from Sheknitigans! I can read the pattern, but, unfortunately, it does not make much sense to me...
Off to the couch I go, will revisit Scabbard tomorrow!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment