Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I Am Practicing As A Monogamous, Reading Knitter

I am having an exceptional week this week! On Monday I called to upgrade the shipping for my Kindle and I received it last night! I just could not take the waiting any long; I really should get some patience, I already know! Kindle is all charged and in hand! The first book that I will be reading is The Reader.

When debating on whether or not to make this purchase John asked if I would really use Kindle. After all, how can one knit and read at the same time? This morning I was able to make it through the first four chapters! Yay! It also has this nice text to speech feature which will allow Kindle to read to you with or without headphones – male or female computerized voice. I tested the voice last night, and I honestly do not mind it.

The other feature that I believe will be useful is that you are allowed to read one chapter of a book before deciding to make the purchase. I firmly believe this will help me to weed out books that I will not finish. I think the instant access is the BEST part! You remember the ”p” word that I mentioned above. No need for that here. Order the book and you will have it in your hot little hands in 60 seconds or less. This is nice.

On the knitting front… For the past 11 days I have been acting as a monogamous knitter, and we all know that I am not :-/ I have been working on the Textured Circle Shrug from Stephanie Japel’s Glam Knits. I am 21 rows from completion! I hope to wear this beautiful shrug on Sunday while I am out to dinner with my hubby celebrating 27 years!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment