Wednesday, October 29, 2008

I have my workout partner back!

Almost two years ago I joined St. John's Health Club thanks to the encouragement of a friend. I have found in my adult life that is often difficult to find extra time to catch up with friends on somewhat of a regular basis so it seemed to be the perfect opportunity to visit regularly while staying healthy... Or just maintain some sort of a balance between all of the junk food that I often find myself eating :-)

Well, that worked really well until this past January where I kind of fell off the face of workout earth. After that happened Andra abandoned me to join a gym much closer to her home (I guess I abandoned her first), and once I was to a point where I wanted to return to the gym, the accountability to drag ass out of bed at 5:00 a.m. to go work out along seemed to be nonexistent.

In September Andra and I decided to go to boot camp together ~ and this morning, she made an announcement. Andra said that she will continue to schlep across Tulsa at the wee hours of the morning on M - W - F... Just to work out with me! I have to say, this is the best news regarding workouts that I have had in awhile. As I left the gym this morning I felt a renewed commitment to catching up with my friend every M - W - F, and the bonus is I get to be a bit healthier while doing it! Many thanks to Mrs. Nelson!!

Wedding Updates: I have completed 75% of the shrug for my wedding! Plan to bind off tomorrow - then have to pick up stitches around the neck! It's beautiful - will post pics soon! I also had a fabulous wedding shower last Sunday. It was hosted by my dear friends Angie, Brooke, Caroline, Jessica and Vonchelle. If you know me well, you know it takes at least this many to keep me in line! I was honestly overwhelmed with all of the love and support that I felt during the shower. It really hits you when so many take time out of their weekend to mix and mingle. I am currently work on proper 'thank - you's' but in the interim, thank you to everyone who was there, and to those who I know were there in spirit. John and I are appreciative of the support :-) XOXO

1 comment:

  1. That's cool that you have your workout buddy back! I find that the most consistent thing for me is to work out at home, first thing in the morning - if I had to schlep to a gym, I'd never do it. So kudos to you for doing it!

    ReplyDelete