Tuesday, October 27, 2009

I Have Five Minutes...

In five minutes, surely I can't write anything breath taking, astounding, or great... But, hey, I'm going to take five to write. I guess that John having his name on the mortgage of a house totally changes things. He used to play fix it man at our old house - my first house - but he is like a tornado maniac in this house! He came home from work yesterday and 1) fixed the bars in our closet... They needed new bar holder things... 2) Fixed the board covers on the bath tub... 3) Fixed the sliding door in the second bath... and cooked dinner... all by 8:30 p.m. when I came home from Loops! Amazing I tell ya!

I sat on the couch after a long day of work and knit a few rows :-) If I could only get my sewing mojo to mimic his fix it mojo we'd be in good shape! There's always the weekend, right?

3 comments:

  1. Yes I think pride of ownership really makes a difference for men especially.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was totally true for Jim too. Our house together now was his first ownership of real estate, but before that he basically lived with me in my condo. As soon as we bought the new house, he completely did a 360 as far as doing projects around the house. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful turnaround! it must be great to have a fixit husband. Alas, I was always the fixit person around the house, since A., though willing, was hopeless!

    ReplyDelete