Friday, June 19, 2009

TGIF & Update!

It has been a few weeks since I have taken this seat at the computer with the intentions of writing anything, although it has been on my mind quite a bit!

I guess we'll start with the fact that it is Friday... And Friday has become my favorite day because after 8 hours at work, on most weekends, I am able to have some quiet time to sew and knit! I have just about 20 yards of fabric laundered and folded waiting to be made into something great! Initially, I thought surely I would only make bags for the shop... but after reading a post by Miss Carrie, I may just make myself a simple skirt or something :-D

On the job front, I guess it is ok to say now, I will officially be joining the ranks of the unemployed in the next few months. I've been processing this information for a few weeks now, and I seem to be ok with it. I am sure that other emotions will flow as the time draws near, but for now, it is ok. I am browsing around for a new job - although I tease join almost on a daily basis that I am going to become a kept woman and that this is it for me! If you know me, you know I am an extreme busy body, and that would likely never happen... But dreaming is fun. The most sad or difficult part of all of this is watching so many people that have worked at this site for so long and wondering how they are going to make it and what they are going to do. Everybody doesn't have a 'John' at home, so it worries me. More to come on this...

RoseKnits has had a very exciting month ~ I think in the first two weeks of June I had more sales than I have ever had in an entire month! That encourages me to sew, sew, sew! I am also busily preparing for Fiber Christmas which is July 24 - July 25 in Kellyville, OK. If you are around during that time, you should surely check it out!

I leave you with a photo of my dear daddy, Dennis! My step-sister, Catrina, wrote a very nice blog post if you want to check him out! She shares some nice tidbits about him, including his love of denim overalls!



Have a great day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment