Monday, August 9, 2010

And the Beat Goes On!

Well, hello, friends! It has been quite some time since our last visit. And, changes, well they’ve been happening. I returned to full-time employment towards the ends of June.

I am filling a temporary role within a benefits department located in downtown Tulsa. I am enjoying it, along with all of the ‘perks’ that come with working downtown. Earlier in the year John, who also works downtown, began taking the park and ride express bus – picks us up about one mile from our house and drops us at our downtown offices. This is fun to me because I figure it is as close to big city living as I will come in Tulsa, OK… And I’m sure every gal dreams about commuting with her husband  Increased together time! I get to work with my dear friend, Vonchelle, whom I became acquainted while working at my previous employer. Because I am hourly I truly only work 40 hours per week, which forces me to take a full hour lunch break each day and knit!

We’re quickly approaching the first year in our home, our second wedding anniversary, and our fourth year together – time really does pass quickly. On the house front, we have added front landscaping, painted all rooms but the bedrooms and we are almost fully furnished!

RoseKnits has been on the back burner during this training period, but I am hoping to have that rhythm back in September. I’ve had a few, large custom orders – so once those are done I should return to regularly updating the shop, as well as having some new offerings for the fall knitting season!

What have you all been up to since I’ve been gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment