Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Milkweed in New York

I blog to you today from New York City! A much different environment than our beloved Tulsa, OK. So far, so good. Our plane left on time, arrived early - and thus far we've had a very nice visit and trot around town! After having lunch we visited St. Pat's and prayed to St. Joseph so I am hoping that he will help us out on the home sale! We've buried him in the front yard... and now we pray and wait :-)

John AKA best husband in my world took me to New York Yarn School where I scored 2000 yards of 100% merino in a beautiful blue / gray tweed to make my best husband a sweater he's been begging for - for, oh - about one year. It was only $30 / pound! So amazing! They also had an amazing selection of Karabella yarn, but I was not able to purchase that because the rule is only purchase yarn that is unavailable in Tulsa, OK.

It's gloomy here - and it poured - right on us! We had to stop and buy another umbrella (we don't always share well...) And, actually, when I would hold the umbrella to try and protect myself I almost poked John's eye out on four different instances so he broke down and bought his own... which I stole because it was much larger than the umbrella that I was totin'!

I am currently safe and dry in the apartment working on Milkweed! For a moment I thought I was going to throw it out the window because I kept making mistakes in the pattern... I think I've fixed the mistakes and am up to Chart D, row 70. I'm loving this scarf that I am knitting up in Madelinetosh Wren - color: Terra.

More tomorrow... I have no sewing machine, weather is gloomy, so I should have time to blog to you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment