Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Day 1: At the Gym

Today was my first official gym visit! Elaine slept soundly from 8 PM until 4 AM this morning, so after our 4 AM nursing session I was wide awake and ready to go! The gym opens at 5:30 so I snuck out of here about 5:15. I was able to get in a 45 minute workout before heading home to relieve John! One trip and I already feel a lot better about myself!

I don't know that I will make a habit of the 5:30 visits - I think I will just take it day by day to see what works for our schedule. Luckily, I can call the Child Watch the same day to reserve a time - so I should have no excuses for not going.

I hope to lose about 50 pounds over the next year; set a healthy example for Elaine; and get in a few hours of "me" time a few days a week. We have a treadmill at home, but just being at the gym this morning with the music going and not having to listen for my sweet babe was a much better workout and release for me.

I'm going to notate how often I go, so I'll be sure to give an update in November!

1 comment: